Policies + Prohibited Items
Badges are to be displayed in plain sight at all times. The Tournament is not responsible for lost badges.
Bags larger than a small purse (6 x 6) including carrying cases, backpacks, camera bags or chair bags are prohibited. Approved bags include: clear bags smaller than 12 x 6 x 6, 1-gallon plastic freezer bags, medically necessary bags and diaper bags.
Wanding (Conducted at all Entrance Gates)
For security purposes all patrons entering the Memorial Tournament hereby consent to the reasonable inspection of your person and property before entering the Tournament, which inspection may include, without limitation, metal detection.
Collapsible chairs are allowed without the chair bags.
Spectator Mobile Device Policy
- Devices must be on silent at all times; flash may not be used.
- Devices may be used to capture video, audio and photos (content) in all areas throughout Tournament week.
- Content may be used for personal purposes (e.g., personal social media); no commercial use.
- No live streaming or real-time coverage (e.g., no shot-by-shot coverage).
- Data use (e.g., texting) is permitted in all areas throughout Tournament week.
- Phone calls are allowed only in designated areas.
- Please be respectful of play and do not interfere with players, caddies or media.
- All posted signage and instructions from Tournament staff must be observed.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in revocation of your ticket.
Please see the back of your ticket for the complete terms of the Spectator Mobile Device Policy. The ticket back language is also located here: www.pgatour.com/ticketterms
“Spectators may capture video, audio and photographs at the Tournament on any day of the Tournament throughout the Tournament site (including, for clarity, competition areas on competition days), consistent with all posted rules and instructions of TOUR and/or Tournament staff. However, you may only use such content for personal, non-commercial purposes (e.g., for your personal social media accounts), and you may not distribute such content on a live or near-live basis (no live streaming) or use such content to create a real-time, stoke-by-stroke or hole-by-hole account of a Tournament. Further, you shall not use or authorize others to use any such content or other Reproduction for any commercial or promotional purpose, or for or in connection with a media outlet (directly or indirectly) unless you and the media outlet have received an official media credential for the Tournament from the TOUR.”
For the safety of the players and gallery members alike, spectators are asked to refrain from requesting autographs during competition, including practice rounds, and must wait until after a player has completed his round to seek an autograph. Additionally, you agree that you shall not seek autographs of players in order to sell such autograph, and you shall not pay another person to obtain an autograph for you. Outside items may not be brought onto Tournament grounds to be autographed. Items are available for purchase in the Tournament's official Golf Shop locations.
Concealed Weapon Law
It is illegal to carry a firearm, deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance anywhere on the grounds at Muirfield Village Golf Club, unless otherwise authorized by law, this includes off duty law enforcement. No person shall knowingly possess, have under person's control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance onto Tournament grounds.
Food + Beverage
No outside food or beverage is permitted upon admittance except for infant needs. Gluten free options are available at the Main Concession area in the Champions Pavilion. The only food or beverage item that is permitted to leave the golf course is a Dasani water bottle.
- Stay quiet and stand still when the players are about to hit the ball
- "Hands in the air" means to stop and be quiet while golfers are playing their shots
- Stay behind the rope at all times
- Help patrons be considerate of each other and kneel or sit down whenever possible, to allow better viewing for those behind you
- For your own safety, follow the directions of the Tournament marshals
Any misconduct, illegal activity, intoxication, use of illegal substance, or violation of any rule or instruction of Tournament representatives is prohibited and shall be grounds for forfeiture of your ticket & for your removal from the premises. Spectators will be subject to expulsion and the loss of ticket privileges for the following breaches of etiquette:
- Making rude, vulgar, or other inappropriate comments or gestures
- Verbal or physical harassment of players, volunteers, officials, or spectators
- Distracting a player or any disruption of play
- Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, unsafe, or illegal in nature
- Failing to follow the instruction of a championship official, volunteer, or security personnel
Suggested Golf Attire
Appropriate casual golf wear with comfortable walking shoes (soft spikes only).
Spectators should have the following items on hand:
- Wind breaker
Inclement Weather Policy
Observe the leaderboards throughout the golf course for "WEATHER WARNING" signs that will appear prior to inclement weather moving into the area. When the signs appear spectators are advised to take precautions PRIOR to play being suspended. If the siren sounds, seek shelter immediately.
In the event of inclement weather, avoid the following:
- Open Areas
- High places
- Isolated Trees
- Golf Carts
- Wire Fences
NO RAINCHECK PRIVILEGES
Cash or major credit cards are accepted at all Pro Shop locations. Concession stands also accept cash or credit cards through Square.
Cameras - Still cameras are only permitted on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of Tournament week and are NOT Allowed Thursday - Sunday. Video equipment is prohibited all seven days.
The following items are prohibited on the course ALL week. Please leave them in your car or check them at the gate.
- Bags larger than a small purse (6 x 6) including carrying cases, backpacks, camera bags or chair bags. View Full Bag Policy
- Bicycles not allowed inside admission areas or on the Tournament grounds
- Camera/binocular cases
- Clear, plastic, vinyl, or other carry items larger than 12 x 6 x 12. View Full Bag Policy
- Computers or laptops
- Explosives and/or Fireworks of any kind
- Illegal substances
- Ladders and/or step stools or other similar items
- Laser pointers
- Lawn or oversized chairs, seat cushions or chair bags (no seat cushions in a carrying case or that have pockets or compartments)
- Metal-spiked golf shoes
- Outside food or beverages except for infant needs. Gluten free options are available at the Main Concession area in the Champions Pavilion.
- Pets/Animals (except for Service animals)
- Picnic baskets
- Plastic, metal or glass cups, cans or containers of any kind except for medical or infant needs
- Poles or rods
- Posters, signs or banners
- Radios, televisions or other electronic noise producing items
- Video cameras (All week)
- Weapons (regardless of permit, including but not limited to firearms or knives)
- Whistles, horns or noise makers
- Other items deemed unlawful, dangerous or disruptive by the PGA TOUR/Tournament Security Officials
- Please Note: Strollers, plastic baby bottles and other baby supplies are permitted on the course. (infant must be with carrier)
Prohibited bags of any kind cannot be left at security checkpoints and will be required to be returned to your vehicle. For Security purposes, you hereby consent to the reasonable inspection of your person and property before entering the Tournament, which may include metal detection.
All gates will provide access to an AMNESTY CONTAINER. Knives with a blade longer than 1.5” will not be allowed and cannot be checked at the gate. Patrons can return the item to their vehicle or dispose of the item in the amnesty container. All weapons will follow this policy except firearms. Those can be returned to their vehicle or surrendered to law enforcement located at each gate, these will not be held. Any firearm surrendering will not be returned and will be destroyed.
USGA Golf Rules
Please visit the U.S. Golf Association's web site for a complete list of rules.